IPI’s focus areas will be supporting the governance institutions at the national and regional levels toward a democratic developmental state. In Malawi, the emphasis will be on the three key Malawi 2063 strategic areas of Agricultural productivity and commercialization, Urbanization, and Industrialization alongside the MIP Enablers.
The following are, therefore, the five focus areas;
1. Policy Research, analysis and consultancy services;
2. Strengthening Democratic Institutions by providing training and information on salient issues;
3. Conflict Management: Building Bridges between adversarial groups;
4. Socio-economic and political empowerment in Rural Areas though interactive civic education on basic entitlements;
5. Socio-Political Advocacy through collaboration with Civil Society Organisations and other Stakeholders in common positions on issues of national interest;